Tuesday 6 September 2011

Rosehips

Last weekend I went for a walk along to Totteridge Village, I followed the gravel path along to as small area of parkland...
Past some lovely little cottages...
And into the nature reserve...
Ah ha! This is what I have been looking for - rosehips!
I need quite a few, and I manage to fill half a carrier bag full of these autumnal goodies, though not without a few scratches first - ouch, I forgot about the thorns!

Once washed they are ready to make...Rosehip Syrup!



7 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely. I've never made that, but maybe I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you can make itching powder from the seeds but I haven't done that, or, made syrup.
    I'm sure it will keep you healthy through the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have rosehip syrup as a child and had forgotten all about it till now...thanks for the memory jolt.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks just gorgeous, I have never made this but your picture gives me the urge to go pick.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time reading your blog. Rosehip syrup, so good for you. Lovely to read about Totteridge, I grew up not too far from there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember having rose hip syrup from the clinic when I was a child - I used to love the taste:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Charlotte, Thank you for your comment. Wasn't it just dreadful at Ardingly. Those gusts of wind were downright frightening. Maybe see you at the next one? Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete